Shopping Cart

Silver Honey FAQs

How does Silver Honey work?

The use of silver and honey for prophylaxis and treatment of wound and wound infections dates back centuries.  Silver has antibacterial effects such as the induction of the formation of hydroxyl radicals leading to cellular DNA damage and bacterial apoptosis (death).  Furthermore, silver ions damage the bacterial cell wall. 

Silver also exerts anti-inflammatory effects.  It has been proposed that the mechanisms for healing promotion are via inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokine and increasing anti-inflammatory cytokines. 

Honey has an osmotic effect which dehydrates bacteria.  Honey does not cause tissue damage and it appears to promote healing, hence potentially decreasing the duration of wound healing.*

(*Dr. Lucas Pantaleon, 2019)

 

How quickly does Silver Honey work?

Silver Honey is proven to stop 99.9% of bacteria immediately to start healing faster.  Hot Spots may heal within a few days.

 

How often do I re-apply Silver Honey?

Reapply Silver Honey to the hot spot/wound area daily until it is healed, be sure to apply the product beyond the wound edges.

 

Does Silver Honey ease the desire to scratch and bite?

Yes, Silver Honey soothes skin and helps reduce the desire to bite and scratch. The natural, medical-grade active ingredients include a bittering agent to prevent licking.

 

What is the difference between the ointment and the spray?  When should I use each? 

Silver Honey™ Ointment is ideal for targeted applications and for treating wounds or skin tissue with long-term scabbing. It is highly effective in softening older, persistent scabs to aid in removal while promoting the healing of the wound beneath.

Silver Honey™ Spray Gel is designed to stay in place while providing continuous coverage to the wound. Its touch-free application is ideal for treating large areas of skin.

 

Is Silver Honey harmful to my pet if they lick it off their wound?

All of the ingredients in Silver Honey have been tested for low toxicity.  Incidental ingestion is not harmful.